Wednesday 17 March 2010

Liverpool - Crosby Marina and Albert Docks!

On friday the 13th, i took a trip to Liverpool, to go to a beach that had been recommended by one of peers from my course. It took around 45 minutes to get there. Once we had arrived in Liverpool i thought about going to Albert Docks as this was something that represents Liverpool and what it is known for. I took some pictures there of the docks and the ship that was there too.

I then travelled to Crosby Marina, which i found very interesting! it had pits of sand full of rubbish and litter! i was extremely pleased to see this as i didnt have as much luck when i went to Blackpool the week before. I managed to get some pictures for evidence and my sketchbook.

Beyond the Marina was the beach, i was amazed to find so many things that interested me and what were useful for my project!. I picked up some natural elements from the sea such as seaweed, shells and driftwood also some manmade rubbish such as rope, plastic and bottle tops.
I thought about using my findings to attatch onto my final samples. This would give it a story of my journey and shows how i collected things from the places that i visited! I really liked this idea and will definitely consider doing this, it would mean my samples were more prototype rather than being wearable however i believe thats what adds the excitement to it.

I must admit i was extremely pleased with what i found in Liverpool, and found that i had a very productive day and that brought many ideas home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment