Thursday 4 March 2010

Blackpool Beach..

Today, me and my boyfriend went to Blackpool Beach. On tuesday i had my tutorial with amy. We discussed about how i can keep my theme local to make it more "sustainable". Amy gave me some suggestions on how i could do this, we both came up with the idea of me going to a few different beaches to give it a story behind it. Travelling, bringing a collection of RUBBISH together from different places and showing the story of my journey. This would then show that the garments i have made will be from different places and hopefully mean more to the customer and encourage them to keep these garments longer and make some sort of emotional connection.


When we got there at around 12:15pm unfortunately the tyed was in so it was possible to go onto the beach, i looked around for a shop that would sell wools and yarns however i found that particularly hard and didnt manage to find one which i was quite dissapointed about. However when the tyed finally went out at around 4:45pm i managed to take some photos of the bit of RUBBISH that was on the beach although there wasnt much that had been washed up!

I think im going to have to go to a coast somwhere to see a derilict beach near a cliff, i think thats where ill find what i am looking for. Although i did manage to find an old type of net with scraps of RUBBISH tangled in it this was what i found most interesting.

Onto the next beach..

1 comment:

  1. I am going to upload some of my photos from today, once i have found my usb cable :)

    ReplyDelete