Wednesday 17 March 2010

Knit..

I must start by saying that i cannot believe how many knit samples i have made over the past four weeks and still cannot decide on all of my final pieces! this is quite frustrating as i have already done a few of my finals. However i am unsure which techniques to use for my others. Im definitely going to go along with the idea of having One large knit sample and a pair of jeans that i will upcycle aswell as three smaller knit samples and three smaller samples of upcycled denim. I really like that idea as my final outcome. I have managed to do some knit samples on the Dubied machine the 2.5 and the 7 gauge such as the circular technique, ladders and changing colours. I have done quite a lot on the domestics to such as cables, ladders weaving in and transferring. I didnt find the ones of the Dubied too bad although on the domestics i found the cables quite tricky to master but after a few practices (as with all the techniques) i managed to get a final sample. As Annie say,s if you want to be a knitter, you have to knit! you have to master the machines and what yarns to use its just practice makes perfect i suppose!.

No comments:

Post a Comment